Why the BA Marketing?
In a globalised world, with tremendous competitiveness, companies need to differentiate themselves and acquire specialised human resources. That fact increases the demand for high qualified professionals with advanced knowledge in marketing, strong problem-solving abilities and “out of the box” thinking.
A degree in marketing will be a significant step in your career by giving you three essential tools:
- Knowledge: acquire solid knowledge and foundations regarding concepts, tools, models and practices;
- Skills: ability to create, plan, implement and lead projects successfully;
- Attitude: development of key personal characteristics such as strategic thinking, methodology, autonomy, flexibility and self-confidence.
This new and strategic BA Marketing degree has been designed for those students wishing to acquire new skills and knowledge and to enhance learning to find new solutions and develop new proposals to global issues within marketing. This course puts strategic and creative thinking at the forefront of marketing management and equips students with the core marketing acumen combined with realism and innovation needed to ultimately excel within a competitive marketing arena.
Graduates from the BA Marketing will have the opportunity to work in the varied marketing sector which encapsulates a variety of niches including, marketing management, brand management, market research, digital marketing, forecasting.
Allows students to have a basic understanding of the concepts, tools and main models and the respective interrelations in the key areas of marketing knowledge; to know how to define business concepts and problems related to marketing management; to know how to apply basic tools and research methods;
- Thorough understanding of the marketing concept, its scope and importance in today’s world.
- Integration and understanding of current management models, based on a trilogy: DDA (Diagnostics, Decision, Action).
- Based on solid Diagnostic identifying windows of opportunity.
- Balance diagnostic and marketing strategy.
- Calibrate and Decide strategy, articulating objectives, segmentation, targeting, positioning and marketing-mix.
- Action plans focused on execution principles oriented to the satisfaction of individuals and organisations, but consistent with companies’ and environmental goals.
Students begin to plan, lead and finish individual projects applied to the basic knowledge learnt from stage 1. They will use written reports to inform about data, ideas, conclusions and recommendations; to prepare quality presentations; to know how to communicate with others; to use statistical tools to collect, analyse and interpret data; to take opportunities towards personal development and to experiment new ideas and behaviours. Students will develop research competencies. They will be able to produce online content, which may include reports, ideas, conclusions and/or recommendations; The reports may be creative, informative and may have interactive content.
Students will draw upon all the knowledge learnt in stage 1 and stage 2 and progress further with self-confidence, realism, and entrepreneurship. They will develop in areas of
- Flexibility: to be able to manage projects and different perspectives;
- Self-confidence: trust in their competence and performance;
- Realism make a valid assessment of their capabilities;
- Entrepreneurship: the ability to develop and sell an idea, product or business.
- Be open & internationally minded and develop proactive behaviour
Have completed secondary education (12 years of study) in the country of origin attested by a legally issued certificate. International qualification level of UK 3 (to be confirmed).
Students with Disabilities
Prospective students with a disability will be encouraged to contact the Study Support Manager and discuss their requirements.
Applications from mature students are welcome. Mature students may apply on the strength of a portfolio and previous experience (or accredited prior learning).
Minimum English Language Requirements
If your first language is not English, a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent. In the case of courses taught in Portuguese or Spanish, if your first language is not the same as the language of the course you wish to study, students are expected to demonstrate that they have the language skills necessary for undertaking the MA to the equivalent of IELTS 6.0.
BA (Hons) Marketing is 100% online, designed to let you go to school on your time, according to your life, not according to a class schedule.
Within around 30 months you will have a completed marketing degree accredited by the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), one of the United Kingdom’s leading specialist universities, taught in your language without leaving your city.
Teaching and learning methods adopted in the course:
- Taught in English, Spanish and Portuguese;
- Maximum of 3 units at the same time;
- Unit contents are asynchronous and organised by weekly topics;
- Tutor Centre works as support and engagement for the student;
- Online resources (e.g.: lectures, seminars and discussions, tutorials and feedback sessions, facilitated online student forum and discussion groups, practical exercises);
If you think our Marketing BA is the right course for you, just click on the button and enrol now.ENROL NOW