Why study Design Innovation?
16th October 2023
- Certificate: Course Certificate by LSDM
- Course Title: Design Innovation
- Mode of study: Online
- Language: English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Duration: 16 weeks (with practical component)
- Fees: £ 1 250
Prof. Abhishek Chatterjee
PhD in Design
Researcher on Design Studies, Pedagogy and Entrepreneurship
- The DDI Cycle (design, development, implementation).
- Areas of competence (technique, representation, discourse, project).
- Areas of knowledge (cultural, scientific, experimental, logistics).
- Biogenetic law (Phylogeny and Ontogeny).
- Natural Selection (recombination and mutation).
- The FER Cycle (focus, expand and redefine).
- Presentation and discussion of case studies.
- To enable you to understand the key areas of expertise related to design innovation (technique, representation, discourse and project activities and procedures).
- To provide you with critical context for the cultural, scientific, experimental and logistical knowledge involved in a design project.
- To provide cutting edge and systematic supportive framework for the development of appropriate existing and new research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of specialist technical and practical aspects of design ideation and professional concerns relevant to your practice of design.
- Critically reflect on technical and practical knowledge and evaluate the rigour and validity in the development of your design proposal.
- Demonstrate how your professional practice or research relates to design and identify how this informs new or revised approaches to your creative design practice.
- Innovation project including research, critical analysis and written proposal.