Why study Design Innovation?
Watch the Course Video to find out more.
17th April 2023
- Certificate: Course Certificate by LSDM
- Course Title: Design Innovation
- Mode of study: Online
- Language: English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Duration: 16 weeks (with practical component)
- Fees: £ 1 250
Prof. Abhishek Chatterjee
PhD in Design
Researcher on Design Studies, Pedagogy and Entrepreneurship
Throughout this programme, we aim to develop and harness your skills in managing design and look at you, as the design pioneers for strategic innovation and change. You will explore theoretical topics in areas such as innovation and creativity and we will support you with suitable analytical discourse. You will observe case studies, research methodologies, presentations and design audits. The aim is to allow you to disseminate your practice in the observation, analysis, interpretation, and research activity stages and to allow you to make informed references to the world beyond design, looking at cultural and contextual references including new technology, economics, politics, law and the global environment.
- The DDI Cycle (design, development, implementation).
- Areas of competence (technique, representation, discourse, project).
- Areas of knowledge (cultural, scientific, experimental, logistics).
- Biogenetic law (Phylogeny and Ontogeny).
- Natural Selection (recombination and mutation).
- The FER Cycle (focus, expand and redefine).
- Presentation and discussion of case studies.
The aims of this Course are:
- To enable you to understand the key areas of expertise related to design innovation (technique, representation, discourse and project activities and procedures).
- To provide you with critical context for the cultural, scientific, experimental and logistical knowledge involved in a design project.
- To provide cutting edge and systematic supportive framework for the development of appropriate existing and new research and analytical skills.
On satisfactory completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of specialist technical and practical aspects of design ideation and professional concerns relevant to your practice of design.
- Critically reflect on technical and practical knowledge and evaluate the rigour and validity in the development of your design proposal.
- Demonstrate how your professional practice or research relates to design and identify how this informs new or revised approaches to your creative design practice.
100% portfolio composed of:
- Innovation project including research, critical analysis and written proposal.
London School of Design and Marketing Certificate
– Fees are £ 1 250 (One Instalment)
BA level in a related design / business subject OR Recognition of Prior Learning / Professional Experience.